Looking To Be Part of a Team?
Children of Hope establishes numerous short-term trips, bringing passionate people into a place of need. By doing this, our vision is for teams to participate in the tangible building up of our ministries, to participate in the development of children’s programs, to invest time and love in the children’s lives, and ultimately, to witness and be part of God’s restorative work in hearts that were once broken. This is a way for you, and others on your team, to become involved in the lives of children!
What You Can Expect
- A typical day would start with a morning devotional, morning and afternoon work projects, spending time with the children, and occasionally touring the historic downtown or spending time with another ministry under Children of Hope, all followed by a team debrief.
- We try our best to fit each team’s unique dynamics and skills! For example, if multiple team members are skilled in electrical, plumbing or concrete, the projects will most likely be shaped to best use their expertise.
- The kitchen staff will be giving the team a little taste of Mexico by cooking three delicious meals per day.
- The cost of sending a team can vary depending on the price of flights. Not including flights, on average teams can expect to pay around $1000 CAD per person, which includes transportation in Mexico, food, accommodations, construction materials, and Children of Hope T-Shirts. That being said, we encourage teams and individuals to fundraise and let their community know the missions work they plan to do.
- January is the coolest month, but the weather begins to warm leading up to the hot season
- April & May are the hottest and driest months
- June-September is rainy season. The temperatures can still reach up to 30° Celsius during these months, but tends to be cooler due to the rain
- Not a problem! You will have someone leading the team who can speak both Spanish and English. All of our missionaries and most caregivers either are fluent in English or have a good understanding of it. That being said, it is a Spanish country and there will be more than enough opportunities to use the Spanish you know, especially with the children! It is a good idea to practice some simple phrases and vocabulary so that you can communicate with the children.
- To help you out, we’ve put together some helpful phrases in the document below.
- We recommend packing enough clothes to get you through the trip, but most of our ministries have washing machines that can be used by teams if needed. If not, there is always the traditional washing by hand. Good luck!
- Each ministry that you are visiting will look a little different. You can expect to sleep in dorm rooms.
- Bedding is included, but feel free to bring your own if you feel like it.
- Yes, but you will be so distracted by all the fun you are having that you will forget about your device. We recommend/prefer not to see your device when you are on the construction site or with the children.
- We will send you all the team forms and ask that you return them to us 2 months before your departure.
- Please ensure that every participant is at least 6 months away from their passport expiry date.
This is a wonderful opportunity to be part of the Great Commission (Mark 16:15).
“He said to them, ‘Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation'”.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions or are interested in sending a team. We look forward to assisting you and your team as you plan your trip!
Check out our Teams Video.
Support Short-Term Missions Teams
Vacation With A Mission 2024
Team Esperanza 2024
Team Corazon 2024
Reinland 2023 Team
Team Grace URC 2024